BREAKING NEWS: RLabs “Social Enterprise” Innovation Incubation programme
One of the key values of RLabs has been empowering and reconstructing communities through Innovation. We are therefore excited to launch our pioneering 9 month Innovation Incubation and Acceleration programme with 6 grassroots community-based Social Enterprises who will be the class of 2012. One of the biggest challenges in many of the communities we work in is the problem of not being able to execute many of those great ideas and therefore missing the opportunity to make a difference.
The purpose of this programme is to grow ideas into manageable actions over a period of 9 months and then launching October 2012 at a special launch event. Over the next few weeks we’ll introduce each enterprise and go behind the scenes to meet the team of exciting social entrepreneurs. Each idea that were chosen had to at least meet the following 3 criteria:
1) It needed to be an idea/project that will make a social impact
2) There should be some clear plan on how to sustain it (business model)
3) Being able to scale is important especially considering the growth of the RLabs Global movement
RLabs as part of its offering to the class of 2012 will provide each start-up enterprise with the following:
1) A working space, internet, telephone and reception/admin for the duration of the programme ( end of January – October)
2) Equipment worth R10,000
3) Software development, hosting, servers and professional accounting resources to the value of R150,000
4) Seed capital of R25,000
5) Business Mentorship programme
6) Access to FREE training and workshops
7) Opportunity to grow the projects globally through our current international network
Although this programme will be running in Cape Town next year, we hope to replicate this through the global RLabs movement allowing social entrepreneurs all over the world the opportunity to innovate and make a difference in their communities.
If you are interested in supporting this project then please do not hesitate to contact us or if you want to share your thoughts then feel free to leave a comment.