It is with great excitement that we would like to introduce our latest project part of the RLabs family. Uusi (meaning “New” in Finnish) is the latest exciting product being incubated in RLabs and will be officially launched in 2011. Uusi is a mobile social network that will provide its community members access to employment opportunities and basic educational services. This new Social Innovation is the brainchild of Terence Hendricks who is optimistic about the positive change Uusi can have on the lives of community members. During its testing phase Uusi have already attracted more than 1,200 users in its network in South Africa.
The goal of Uusi is to provide its members the opportunity to have a new beginning in their careers, education and future. Although still early days Uusi will soon announce the details of its partnership with Africa’s largest mobile social network MXit and Finnish educational mobile learning platform Ympyra. Over the next few weeks we will make more announcements on how Uusi and its partners are addressing unemployment through the use of Mobile Phones.
- Youth Cafes brewing HOPE July 22, 2014
- RLabs Bridgetown: Academy courses 2nd Semester July 1, 2014
- RLabs Academy 2nd Semester Scholarship Applications July 1, 2014
- Rockefeller Foundation invests in GROW Leadership Academy June 26, 2014
- Meet the Team at Qhamani June 17, 2014