This morning we were sitting in Stellenbosch at the MXit API Launch. After arriving, registering and having a cup of coffee we were set for the morning. Lots of people were taking photos and I assume they are from the media. There were also the MXit team wearing their T-Shirts with an “M” on it and were all ready to help and make you feel pretty welcome.
I must admit that listening to Herman speak you cant help but be impressed with their vision and values on creating products to service its own community. Users don’t have to leave the MXit world. There is a wealth of apps inside this world that exposes the user to various possibilities that they don’t have access to elsewhere at such a low low or no cost to the user. The only costs the users will have to incur is the data charges attached to their mobile handsets.
Next up was the explanation of how by opening up its API, MXit is welcoming everyone to join in in developing apps or games to enhance the users experience on MXit.
To become a partner with MXit you can register on: code.mxit.com
Important to note is that in the process of partnering with MXit:
- Your IP will always be owned by you
- Your revenue share will will include 70% of Moola generated
- Another way to generate revenue is to run link in with the advertisement
A few basic benefits of MXit:
Data costs insignificant
Presence and status
Location based info is available
Extensive user information available
Viral effect and social networking
The future of Mxit:
CRM using MXit
Closer TV and radio interaction
New forms of mobile advertising
Create multiple sub-communities on MXit
User pills and market research
Social development in Africa
Location based services (LBS)
The official press release can be read here.
- Let’s Grow Open Design Event December 10, 2013
- RLabs Girls rise to the Intel Challenge December 5, 2013
- blog awards December 4, 2013
- Applications open next week for the GROW Leadership Academy December 3, 2013
- Botswana, Mozambique, Namibia and Tanzania driving the Social Revolution November 29, 2013