Call us  +27-21-699-1453

info@rlabs.org

FREE Introduction to Social Media for Non-profits Workshop

After attending the SANGONeT conference and seeing the large number of non-profits who would like to start using social media in their organisations, RLabs will be hosting a FREE Introduction to Social Media workshop for non-profits on Thursday 26 November. The workshop will cover:

1. Understanding of Social Media and its context
2. Identified tools that could be integrated into the non-profit operations to support its vision and objectives
3. Introductory level of hands-on experience using social media tools
4. Lets go Mobile

If you belong to a non-profit organisation and would like to reserve your seat then please post a comment about why you think social media could be useful in your organistion below. Only a limited number of seats are available.

Share and Enjoy:
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks

9 Responses so far.

1. Would love to attend this workshop.

While we have a strong presence on the web with our website, Facebook Cause (http://ow.ly/vCTw) and Twitter Feed (SAEPcapetown) I would like to learn more about how mobile technology might be useful and/or applicable for our purposes working in education in Philippi township. Please let me know via email if a seat may be saved.

Cheers,
    The South African Education & Environment Project(SAEP)

2. admin says:

Definitely booked your seat for workshop and would be good to share with other participants as well your experiences.

3. Joan Daries says:

I would like to attend this workshop. I am a Fundraiser at the Community Chest and two colleagues attended the course and they were highly complimentary about it. I would like to acquire these skills as well as I know that it is an important tool for fundraising. Please let me know if this possible.

Regards
    Joan Daries

4. We have embarked on discussions around social media and its importance. It is vital to incorporate it into our fundraising initiatives and i need to learn more about it.
    Would be much appreciated if i could get a seat at the course. Thank you.

Desiré Goliath
    Fundraising Department
    Community Chest of the Western Cape

5. Marlon says:

Hi Joan and Desire we’ve booked your places for this workshop.

See you next month

6. Waldo Murray says:

Hi. I’ve started an npo that does leadership and life skills camps with primary and secondary schools. I think it’s important to reach more young people and what better way then through social networking tools. I’m very interested to see how your innovations can enhance our capacity to reach more kids in need.

7. Ashvina says:

I am a PRO for an NGO, seeing that we all share a common purpose i think it is important that we empower ourselves together, especially when it comes to networking as well as using social media to achieve our organizational goals and reaching our target audiences. I do hope that I am not too late and would like to book a seat!

Many thanks!

8. Marlon says:

Dear Waldo and Ashvina. We are looking forward hosting you at the Free Social Media Workshop 26 November.

9. Marlon says:

Just a reminder everyone that the workshop is this Thursday at the RLabs venue. Looking forward seeing you there.